Sunday 8 January 2012

What's with the thinness?

So I recently visited home in India after more than a year. The very expected reaction was "My God! You've grown so thin! You've become half of what you were!".

Now if I am asked to choose between believing a naked human eye or a weighing machine, I would go with the latter, which ironically tells me that I have not lost a single pound. So what's with the comments? I have my own theory for that.

People seem to forget just how thin I am originally, i.e., their brains cannot retain the simple information of my natural state of thinness. So every time they see me, they seem to think I have lost weight. I know what is going to happen when I go back to Germany again. Same reactions and comments. I feel like putting a note on my forehead saying "I know you think I am thin so don't bother announcing it". Also it will hide some acne marks on my forehead...lol.

I also don't understand why harassing someone on being thin is okay when it is considered totally rude to bug someone for being fat. People need to learn some manners.




No comments:

Post a Comment